Hello friends!! I have been down with a horrible throat infection these few days and I feel awful.. but i mean.. a little baking can solve everything right? (Wrong my mother will probably kill me for not resting) BUT STILL back to the main point. Heres an amazing pound cake that is not too sweet or dense!! However, I have to warn you that it does stray away from its original roots. Pound cakes are traditionally made by putting a pound of each ingredient + there is usually an ommition of leavening agents. Other than that.. I guess it is still pretty much a pound cake (unless you want to call it a loaf pan cake (??) ). This cake is perfect for afternoon tea breaks, breakfast.. actually its pretty much good for any part of the day so hopefully you will try it out soon!!
this recipe was slightly adapted from Baking Bites
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
1 cups sugar
3 eggs (Separate yolks and whites)
1 vanilla bean/ 2tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180’c and grease/put baking paper on your loaf pan
- In a Large bowl, cream together your sugar and butter until light and fluffy then add in your 3 egg yolks one at a time and beat accordingly
- In a separate bowl, beat your egg whites until they reach stiff peaks
- Add your vanilla bean seeds/ vanilla extract into the butter mixture and mix
- Stir 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture, followed by half of the milk. Stir in an additional third of the flour mixture, followed by the remaining milk.
- Fold in your stiff peaks gently until it is incorporated in the mixture. Then pour the mixture into your loaf pan
- Bake for 50 minutes